Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week 18

I hafta say... I am really looking forward to this coming Wednesday. 

I didn't think I would be this excited. 

I told Joe that I didn't want to know the sex of the baby.  WAIT! I have a good reason!!!  The way I see it, Joe and I are not exactly rich.  Everything we get for this first baby will be used for every baby thereafter - however many there will be. 

So, if the first is a girl,
And then we have three boys,
All those boys might be stuck using some pink stuff,
Which is not so cool.

So, I wanted to be surprised and avoid all the gender-specific stuff. 

But, you'll be happy to know that Joe has won me over.  This coming Wednesday, we will have a sonogram and will learn the sex of the baby (providing s/he is not camera shy).

And, then Joe will send a text message to literally every person he knows before we leave the room.

But, of course, according to all of my readers, we already know it's a boy.  Even if about 15 of those boy votes all came from one person... ahem, Joe. 

Way to throw off all the stats.

This past week I have started having some vivid dreams.  But, they're kinda vain.  The main theme is that I'm younger and thinner and prettier, and everyone says how beautiful I am.  Then, I wake up and I'm fat and covered in acne, and my hair is limp, and I can barely roll over without help. 

I guess I'm still getting used to the idea of sacrificing my body for the baby. 

I mean, it's not like I was a Victoria's Secret model before, but I'm changing so rapidly now.  It's like the baby is instantly turning me from a young woman into an old mother.

The thing is, I knew this was coming.  I don't know why I'm surprised.  I don't know why I'm so seemingly unprepared for this. 

Oh well.  I can't change it now!  Bring on the baby!

This week the baby is the size of a mango.
Cravings: fruit, potatoes, homemade meals, sandwiches
Aversions: chicken, greasy stuff, sweet stuff
Other symptoms: vivid dreams, cramping calves, headaches, desires for tiny baby clothing

1 comment: