Sunday, July 1, 2012
Week 15
We got to hear the heartbeat this week.
It sounded like this: whoosh-whoosh-whoosh-whoosh-whoosh-whoosh...
Baby was playing hard-to-get; it took the midwife a while to find our little squirmer.
Joe was ecstatic. He has been asking when we get to hear the heartbeat since the day we found out we were pregnant. The excitement from this will probably last him until the baby actually arrives.
Joe was sworn in this week. I would post pictures, but I had to hold the bible, so I couldn't take any. I'll post some on facebook when I get them from the guy who took pictures. It was really fun.
I also discovered this week that my headaches are either created or exacerbated by my glasses. When I wear my contacts, I get only a slight headache, if any at all. Unfortunately, I wore my glasses yesterday and have a bit of a leftover headache today. So, it looks like I'm back to sticking my fingers in my eyes every day now.
One of my friends said that she had heard that your eyes change during pregnancy, so I might be having problems with the prescription of my glasses, which is older than the prescription of my contacts. I hadn't even thought of that.
Other than all that, it's been a pretty subdued week. Joe and I are both working pretty steadily on our classes. I'll finish one of my classes today or tomorrow. The other two will last into the second week of August. Joe has three classes that end in July.
This week the baby is the size of an apple.
Cravings: fruit, cold things
Aversions: chicken, greasy stuff, sweet stuff
Other symptoms: sore hands and extra-cracky knuckles and joints
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment