Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 17


Week 17 has been fun.  The boy/girl debate is really heating up.

Results from the poll are as follows:

With 29 total votes, 19 votes went to Boy and 10 votes went to Girl. 

So, if this highly scientific poll is correct, Baby is a boy! 

Wow.  Boy votes really dominated this poll.  I'm not sure how happy I am about that.  I thought y'all loved me. 

oh well

I have finally felt more energetic this weekend.  Yesterday I did 3 or 4 loads of laundry and two loads of dishes.  And nothing else.  Pre-pregnancy, my Saturdays were a lot busier and more productive.  I guess I can kiss those days goodbye for the next 20 years or so. 

I still have felt like a nap could do some real good for me every weekday around 2 pm. 

I wonder if I can sneak a cot in to work and set it up in the resources closet???  Do you think anyone would miss me for an hour or two?

I have noticed, especially when I am getting tired, that I can feel my heart beating harder than before.  I guess with almost 50% more blood in my body, my heart probably is beating harder.  I can feel it while I'm just sitting still. 

Now, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret about me: I'm a clumsy person.  I always have been and probably always will be.  But, I have noticed a definite shift this week in my body.  My belly has suddenly become heavy and unwieldy.  When I change from sitting to standing or from laying to sitting too quickly, my supporting ligaments protest.  And, when I walk, I feel unsteady.  It's like being on roller skates all the time.  I'm not sure if this is something that other people can see yet; I just know I can feel a difference. 

So, if I show up somewhere with bruises all over my legs, it's not Joe's fault.

Well, it's half Joe's fault.

And half my fault.

Baby this week has learned how to yawn.  This is evidence that s/he is as tired as I am.  Imagine tiny baby yawns.  Precious. 

This week the baby is about 5 inches long from crown to rump and weighs about as much as a turnip.
Cravings: fruit, potatoes, homemade meals
Aversions: chicken, greasy stuff, sweet stuff
Other symptoms: sore belly, little leg cramps, loss of blood flow to the head when I lie on my back.

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to miss a post! you write like a natural!!!
    The box is supposed to arrive on Weds. Several books on top are for Whitneys boys. I hope you and Shayla enjoy as much as I did! Aunt Roberta

    ReplyDelete