Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week 16


Welcome to Baby Central.  'Round here it's all Baby, Baby all the time.

I think I felt the baby move this week.  Wednesday morning I was laying in bed deciding whether or not I really wanted to get up or just roll over and sleep some more.  Then, swish!  I felt the tiniest little movement down at the bottom of my belly.  I woke up Joe to tell him.  He was pretty impressed. 

This past week Baby's bones began hardening from cartilage to bone.  Because of that little development, by today the baby can most likely hear.  So, we've been talking and singing to the baby.  And encouraging the dog to bark. 

We've gotten into quite a few arguments over the sex of the baby this week. 

Joe says it's a boy.

I say it's a girl.

What do you think?

For your reference:
  • I was carrying high, but since I started eating better this week I have lost some of my bloating.  Now I am carrying lower.
  • Baby's heartbeat at the last visit was around 150 beats per minute.
  • The string trick said I would have 4 children in the following order: girl, boy, girl, boy.
  • I am not craving sweet stuff, but have craved plenty of spicy or sour things.
  • This Chinese Gender Predictor says I'm having a boy.
  • According to a Mayan legend, since I was 27 at conception in the year 2012, I'm having a boy.
  • I'm breaking out on my face more, which says it's a girl.
  • My morning sickness set in early at 3 1/2 weeks, stayed late to past 14 weeks, and was constant and rough.

This week the baby is the size of an avocado.
Cravings: fruit, cold stuff, homemade stuff
Aversions: chicken, sweet stuff, greasy stuff
Other symptoms: continuing headaches, tired legs, sore back, sore supporting tendons in my abdomen, stabbing pains when the baby practices his/her plucking skills with my nerves

2 comments:

  1. Jessica made me a believer in the string trick!! I say it's right!!! ;)
    -julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the string trick - it's scientific ;)

    ReplyDelete