Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week 9

So, I need to explain myself...

1: As you have noticed, the url of this blog is ellieashton.  No, that is not the name we have picked.  Ellie is a nickname that Joe has given me.  It comes from my middle name.  Get it? 

2: Y'all may just have to hold your horses on those belly pictures.  I had Joe take a picture of me yesterday; it was not pretty or cute or glow-y or anything of the sort.  It was simply evident that I am 60 pounds overweight.  I am trying to become less sedentary instead of more sedentary, but the nausea and constant eating schedule are sabotaging me much of the time.  The good news is that the nausea has begun to lessen by just the littlest bit, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I may be able to hop on a treadmill a little bit in the next few weeks.  (It's already too hot in Fort Worth for walking outside much.)

This week in the Ashton household has been eventful: My dad and stepmom took us out to eat Tuesday night, we had Bible class Wednesday night, I had Girls' Bible study Thursday night, we had a Pancake Breakfast event Saturday morning, and I went to a singing Saturday night.  In between all of that and work, I try to get in naps or at least quasi-naps in my club chair.  I finally yesterday was able to get to the store to do some much-needed grocery shopping - something that suddenly seems like a daunting task rather than a quick errand. 

I have given up on trying to stand for too long cutting up snacks for myself.  This time I just bought a fruit tray and a veggie tray and will pull from them as I want.  They look really yummy. 

Baby Ashton is Joe's favorite new thing to talk about.  He talks about the baby as if the baby is already a separate being with his own distinct preferences.  Such as, "Joe Jr. wants me to watch the MMA fight tonight."  Yeah. Right.  Of course he does.

I, on the other hand, am becoming less cute and funny. I'm getting emotional, which is presenting itself as irrational anger. Right now I am pretty angry at people who leave messages on my work voicemail and say their phone number too fast.  "Please call me back at eighonsevnsixtusisevnineightwo."  Yeah.  I totally got that.  I am also mad at people who appear to be well groomed but in actuality smell awful.  If you don't want to shower for two or three days, then don't go and comb your hair and put on pressed clothes so as to pass yourself off as a clean person.  I see you approach my counter at work and think it's safe to breathe... but ooohhh no.  It most certainly is not safe to breathe around you. 

I hate those people right now. 

"Joe Jr." is now a real fetus.  All of his/her organs are in place for the most part, including a full, four-chamber heart and tiny teeth buds.  All that's left is to mature and grow for another 31 weeks. 

This week the baby is the size of a grape.
Cravings: fruits, veggies, tomatoes, potatoes
Aversions: chocolate, chicken, other meat to a lesser degree, beans, greasy stuff, sugary stuff, gluten

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered I don't like the phrase "teeth buds." And finally, someone is sticking it to those well groomed hippies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie Ashton is an adorable name. And good meaning. And namesake of her Mama. Just saying.

    Pregnancy never left me feeling glowing. Though my "side-effects" were minimal compared to what many experience, I didn't love the pregnancy part of being pregnant. You just keep being awed by the existence and progress of that little person inside you. (Cause not much else seemed very awesome to me!)

    ReplyDelete