Sunday, May 13, 2012
Week 8
Thank you to everyone for being so excited along with Joe and me. It is nice to share this new development with y'all.
Speaking of new developments, my baby now has fingers and knee joints. Supercute.
Since so many have asked, I will let you know that I have indeed experienced "morning sickness". I have experienced it morning, noon, and night since about 3 1/2 weeks into this. I haven't lost any nutrients since Celiacs disease has all but robbed me of my gag reflex, but I do feel sick pretty much at all times. Except for when I eat salsa. Lovely, lovely salsa.
Who wants to take me out for some Mexican food?
The only way to keep my system from staging a protest is to eat very often. Consequently, I am gaining weight (perhaps a little more than I should). Which means I already had to break into this:
That's right. That cute top you saw me wearing today - maternity shirt. Those nice new slacks? They're s u p e r stretchy.
I'm thinking that I may have to wake up early to take a nice, long walk before work in order to keep this weight gain at bay.
Who am I kidding? That ain't happenin'.
Joe says he'll help me get a belly picture soon, so you can see my new clothes in action. Until then...
This week the baby is the size of a kidney bean.
Cravings: SALSA, fruits, veggies, fried eggs
Aversions: chocolate, chicken, other meat to a lesser degree, beans, greasy stuff, sugary stuff, gluten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'd KILL for some chocolate covered chicken. Fried, of course
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!!! :) Looking forward to more blog posts about this baby!! :)
ReplyDeleteJulia
I found a lot of very cute, comfy, practical, and affordable maternity clothes through consignment shops (Kid to Kid?), Old Navy (in maternity & not), and also borrowed from friends.
ReplyDeleteFor some dressier things that weren't super expensive - Motherhood Maternity clearance or outlets.