Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week 13


This has been a trying week. 

This week the entire world seems to be able to tell that I am pregnant.  And, they all seem to think it is a boy. 

Also, this week my emotions have taken on a life of their own.  I am very weepy and very angry and very contrary.  For example, I'm starting to hope that this baby is a girl, just to show all those people who say it will be a boy. 

Please don't take me seriously.  It's just the hormones.  I really love you all.

Plus, on Friday I woke up with a sore throat.  I slept it off, and it seems to be fine.  Maybe I was just tired.

Baby Ashton still likes milk.  In fact, I need to buy some more.  Baby Ashton has a new craving this week: potatoes.  It can't be potatoes in just any ole' form, though; it has to be baked potatoes, preferably loaded, but butter and salt will do just fine.  I could eat one right now.  Even though I just had one for lunch. 

Actually, I could eat two right now.  Who wants to bring me some baked potatoes?

I had another lab to do this week:


This lab made perfect sense. 

I had to buy perfectly healthy plants, cut them into pieces, plant the weak, tiny cuttings, and try to make them grow into big, perfectly healthy plants.  Bah!

With all these plants all over the house, I had better be getting a very good supply of oxygen. 

Other developments this week include: fingerprints on baby's fingers (teeny, tiny fingerprints), and the sensation that I am being followed around all day by an invisible dodgeball team.  And they have very good aim. 

This week the baby is the size of a peach.
Cravings: baked potatoes, milk, fruit
Aversions: chicken, greasy stuff, sugary stuff
Other symptoms: various aches and pains that appear and disappear out of nowhere as if I were being pelted by dodgeballs

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I love your post! You have a hilarious sense of humor! :)

    ReplyDelete