Monday, June 4, 2012
Week 11
Sorry I'm late.
It was a rough day yesterday.
It didn't start out rough. I woke up fairly refreshed from my new, magic, little pill (more on that later). I had enough energy to sing really loud at church - which Joe just looooved. And I found my swim suit and went swimming at the gym.
I didn't swim much.
Just a little.
And it felt awesome. My right hip didn't protest; my nausea nearly vanished while in the water.
But then, I left the pool and showered and went to evening services.
Where my hip and nausea made up for lost time by coming on so strong that I had to stand in the foyer and rock myself side to side while stopping often at the water fountain. Ugh. It was awful.
Apparently, I overdid it at the gym. I might go back to the water tomorrow evening and just walk the length of the pool a couple times really slowly. Maybe I just can't do any actual swimming.
But, I'm better now. I rested a lot and am already laying in bed doing homework before the summer semester starts and writing this post. I'll take my happy, new, magic, little pill soon, too.
Oh right. The pill.
On Tuesday we went to my 2nd pre-natal appointment with the Certified-Nurse Midwives at Harris Downtown. That's where we got the super duper pictures made that you got to see this week. My CNM said that I am doing great and that my weight gain is normal and that everything is just fine.
Except, apparently there is no good reason to be as queasy as I am. So, I got a prescription for a tiny dose of phenegrine. (btw, I may not have spelled that correctly.)
I was hesitant when she first told me about it. I didn't want to take anything that could have any side effects if I didn't need it. After all, I haven't lost any nutrients; I just feel yucky. But she convinced me that the pill would not affect Joe Jr. and that the only side effect is a little drowsiness. So, I finally tried it Friday night.
Wow. This tiny little pill makes me not have an upset tummy for about 9 hours or so. Unfortunately, it makes me sleep like a ROCK for almost the same amount of time. But, the quality of my sleep seems so improved, that I'm amazed that I could operate competently on my sub-par sleep for the first 10 weeks of pregnancy.
So, I'm just taking the phenegrine at night right now, instead of 3 times per day as is allowed. I figure other motorists would appreciate it if I was awake while I drove.
Other than that picture, I am still in denial about this whole thing, really. I still don't feel like there's a baby inside me. That's weird to think about anyways... I mean, whose idea was it to grow babies inside other people? Couldn't we just have laid some eggs?
Actually, that's more weird. Never mind this whole train of thought.
Nonetheless, the ultrasound says that there is most definitely a real baby in there. Joe claims he could see minuscule boy parts in the ultrasound. I'm not buyin' it. I might just have to claim that I saw minuscule girl parts.
I'm gonna need some more time to get used to the idea of being pregnant.
In the mean time, baby keeps growing. Since his diaphragm is forming, he is capable of hiccups. I'm glad I can't feel those yet.
This week the baby is the size of a fig.
Cravings: fruit, veggies, fast-food tacos and burritos
Aversions: chocolate, chicken, sugary stuff, gluten
Other symptoms: very sore right hip joint
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Craving spicy ......Taco's and burritos?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a boy !
Joe Jr. .......take care of Kristina!