Sunday, August 12, 2012

Week 21


This week has been exciting. 

I finished my classes from the summer.  I made my first B at Texas Tech.  :(  But, the other two were A's.  I guess that's ok.

And, yesterday a friend with two babies already went with me to Babies 'R' Us and helped me finish registering. 

Have you ever been to that place?

It's insane.

It's an entire warehouse dedicated solely to stocking every manufacturer's version of every necessary, semi-necessary, or completely superfluous baby-related good.  And it's all pastel. 

I'm not kidding.  THE ENTIRE STORE IS PASTEL. When I left the store and saw a bright red car outside, I was overwhelmed by the color saturation.  I almost fainted.

The amount of choices in the store was pretty overwhelming as well.  In bottles alone there were at least 4 brands that all sold at least 2 or 3 different models.  My friend's advice was invaluable.  She helped me stay away from brands that have too many hard-to-clean parts and she helped me stay away from brands that can only be bought at certain stores. 

I don't think I ended up with almost anything on my list that I will be immediately regretting. 

I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't sleep last night.  I sat bolt upright at 2 am with a feeling that I had forgotten to register for something.  I couldn't shake the feeling, so I had to get up and put some things on my lists before I could sleep again. 

Honestly, I don't think I'll sleep well for a few nights.  I want to make sure I'm registered for everything I need and nothing I don't.  And, now that I'm registered, I kinda want everything now.  But, we don't have room for anything until we move. 

Plus, Ruby is really finding her feet.  She's kicking up a storm.  The kicks are still small and cannot be felt from outside my belly, but I can feel them. 

Maybe Ruby is as excited as I am about the new house and all her gear and her own arrival. 

Or maybe she just wants Mommy to make more room for her.  Who needs a bladder and intestines, anyways?

Did you know that right now little Ruby already has all the eggs she will ever have?  She has 5 to 7 million eggs.  That's quite enough to make some grandchildren for Joe and me.  But, not for another 25 years. 

This week the baby is the length of a carrot.
Cravings: home made meals (especially casseroles because they cook in the oven for 30 minutes ALL BY THEMSELVES), water, cold stuff
Aversions: greasy stuff, sweet stuff
Other symptoms: heavy belly, sore feet, sore left knee

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! Can't wait to buy something for Ruby!

    ReplyDelete